As I was driving in to do training with a group of Sales Professionals this morning this message and practice was on my mind and on my heart. I am not sure why. Maybe it was because I started the week off doing something that was painful, took me out of my comfort zone, cost me money that I spent as well as I lost due to this endeavor, cost me time, cost me sleep, cost me a lot. However, I made the deposits as I call it. I paid the price. You always have to pay the price on the front end. You don’t get the benefits of anything until you pay the price. Are you willing to pay the price?
So how do you eliminate your competition. If you are an athlete, an employee, a leader, a sales person, a doctor, an attorney, a CEO, it doesn’t matter who you are and what you do. We all have competition. And you know what? It is easy to beat the competition.
At the bottom you will see a link to a YouTube video. This video is from Cowboy Troy. Yep, the rapping country singer. He will explain his secret to success and eliminating the competition to you, but I included some of what he said as well as my thoughts on the subject as well.
Eliminating the competition:
- By just showing up you eliminate 50% of your competition
- By showing up on time you eliminate 80% of your competition.
- By showing up on time with a plan of action you will eliminate 90-95% of your competition.
- Showing up early with a plan of action you will most likely be the only one there.
- Staying late.
- Being positive.
- Listening more and talking less.
- Doing more than you are required to do.
- Being servant minded instead of self-serving
- Showing appreciation instead of asking for more.
- Reading one page out of a non-fiction book a day.
- Saying no to distractions
- Saying yes to “all” opportunities until you get on a path you like.
- Controlling your emotions.
- Managing your desires.
- Setting goals
- Being intentional in everything you do.
The Cowboy Troy video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylK5StNVIwA
How will you eliminate your competition today? Oh yeah, if you are one of those that say I am not competitive, I am secure. Why does everything have to be a competition? Then maybe this blog post isn’t for you.
To your success and your future.