If I have heard it once, I have heard it a million times.
“Brian, you work too hard, slow down.”
“Brian, money isn’t everything.”
“Brian, your work shouldn’t be your identity.”
“Brian, be careful or you will burn out.”
The same people who say the above statements are also the same people, who probably don’t have any money, or think consumer debt is a good thing, or just don’t know what else to say.
Over the last couple of years I have become a writer, ( I can call myself that now). I have told my readers that one of the main reasons I write is because it gives me clarity and ultimately holds me accountable to my words and my actions.
Here are 50 clarifying thoughts, things, and concepts that I am going to hold myself accountable to.
- I don’t want to be the opposite.
- I can use my time to do what I want to do.
- I can buy my soon to be wife whatever she wants.
- I can have flexibility in my day.
- I can become even more generous with my giving to others.
- I can give more of my time to people and things that I care about.
- I can protect myself from a major disaster wrecking my finances.
- I can buy the best that can be got.
- I can buy whatever I want.
- I can buy more time.
- I can tell a customer, I don’t need your business.
- I can provide opportunities to those less fortunate.
- I can travel wherever I want.
- I hate cooking, I want someone else to do it for me.
- I want to make more time to read the books I want to read.
- I want to leave a legacy.
- Lack of money causes stress, believe me I know. I want to eliminate that stress out of my life.
- The people with the money have the power, and some of those people are idiots.
- I want to give my friends and family nice stuff.
- I want to pay for my nephews college educations.
- If I get rich, I can help others get rich.
- I can write more.
- I can be wherever I want, whenever I want.
- Freedom is the number one objective of all human beings.
- I like nice stuff.
- I really like fine shoes.
- My soon to be wife likes nice stuff.
- Waterfront property costs more money.
- When I get there, I know I did it myself. (no head-starts here)
- My brother died way too early in his life. I owe it to him to live for the both of us.
- The last time I looked, they don’t just give those $5 dollar coffees away.
- I want to say how much, not how much do I have to put down.
- When my final day is here, I want to say I did all I can with what I had.
- Because I live in America, and we have the opportunity.
- My Lexus is a 2006.
- My mom.
- My dad.
- I buy a lot of running shoes.
- I actually waste a lot more money than I should.
- Because it is the right thing to do.
- I want to prove to myself that I can do it.
- Because I don’t want to rely on anybody but myself.
- I don’t want to have to do things I don’t want to do.
- I will pay more taxes.
- I like to have fun.
- On days that I am sad, I can buy myself something that makes me happy.
- I am tired of driving, I want a driver.
- You will always have a seat at the table.
- Investments take money.
- Organic and health foods are more expensive.
I am not sure my list included every reason, but it is a start and it is from my heart.
A goal properly set is 50% percent complete. Now I have to do the other 50%.
I just set 50 goals. I encourage you to do the same.
To your success and your future.