Are you willing to give up the comfort that you know to get the life that you want? This is a question that we all must ask ourselves.
- It is uncomfortable to work all day or all night and then go to school.
- It is uncomfortable to implement an exercise routine when you have never done one before.
- It is uncomfortable to stop smoking when it is something you have done for 5, 10, 15, 20 years.
- It is uncomfortable to meet someone new and get to know them and see if this is a person that could be a potential partner in your future.
- It is uncomfortable to quit the job you have been doing for so long that you are not growing in, to pursue a totally different profession.
- It is uncomfortable to cut out expenses in your budget for things that you have always had.
- It is uncomfortable to tell your kids “no”, we can’t afford it.
- It is uncomfortable to alter the life you have always known or have come to know and flip it around to fit in new people, new things, and new initiatives.
We all know we must get out of our comfort zones to grow, to take risks, to see something new, experience something new, to possibly find someone new. But the little voice in our head, the habit, the comfort, tells us that it isn’t the right time. I am scared, I am not sure I want to work that hard, I am not sure I can do it now, starts to take over and it is real.
I have some major goals in 2015 and in my life that I plan on accomplishing. I am sure you do as well. I am making the commitment to do things that make me uncomfortable starting today, are you?
To your success and your future.