In 2012, Dale Carnegie and associates conducted a study in over 80 countries and across businesses large and small. This study was conducted to see what the needs were in all of these organizations across the world. The most valuable asset in any company are the people who make up the organization. A company can only be as good as their weakest link.
Here are the 7 things that the research concluded were the biggest driving opportunities for these companies.
1. Change Readiness: People driving change and people willing to change.
2. Living in Silos: Collaboration between departments.
3. Virtual Teams: Engagement for the team members who work virtually.
4. Non-Traditional Selling: Team members that don’t traditionally sell, changing their mindset to realize that everyone is in a sales role.
5. Mid-Level Leadership: Leadership development for mid-level leaders.
6. Sales Force: Changing the sales force mentality to engage with the client more and challenge their clients with a new thinking style. This requires better questions, observations, and analysis from the sales person. Is your sales force equipped to do this?
7. Partnerships: Leveraging relationships in the marketplace and building stronger partners that can assist you in serving your customers.
Each one of these areas are around developing people. What is your development plan for the people?
As you look at the list above which areas do you believe your company is dealing with the most? What is your plan to develop in this area? Individuals who read this blog. How can you start shifting your mindset to become better equipped to help your company develop in the above areas? I would love to hear your feedback. Please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or post in the comments section.