I just finished a book on “How to be Rich”. This book is not a finance book, it is a book that encourages you to realize how “rich” you already are, and how to live a life full of generosity as well. The book states that the average income in the United States is about $37,000 a year and that makes you fall into the category of the Top 4% of wage earners in the world. Meaning you are richer/have more than 96% of everyone else in the world.
This book also challenged me to think about what I am grateful for today. Because I am rich (not monetary only) but in other ways, and I need to realize that more often.
- I woke up
- I have my health
- I slept great on my comfy mattress and blankets.
- I have a TV that I was able to watch the news on.
- I have an awesome supportive family
- I have friends that care about me.
- I have colleagues that I call friends.
- My house was warm.
- My shower was really warm.
- I was able to buy a $5 cup of coffee.
- I put on a suit to go to work
- I have a cell phone
- I have a mac computer that I am typing this blog on.
- I was able to read a book this morning that I was able to buy.
- I know how to read.
- I had a great breakfast
- I have a job/career
- I have a garage
- I have a car
- I have a home
- I had some text messages from people who care about me to read.
- I was able to look at Facebook and read some inspiring messages.
- I am planning to help people grow today.
Be grateful today and realize how much you have already!